3 Shopify Apps That Inject Social Impact Into Any Online Store
Shopify is one of the largest ecommerce platforms in the world. It supports over 800,000 business in 175 countries around the world! Shopify has become the go-to platform for entrepreneurs and small business to create a global business rapidly. Some of amazing statistics about Shopify include:
- Nearly 69% of all Shopify sales are made on phones and tablets.
- Budweiser, Tesla Motors, and Gymshark are some of the largest companies using Shopify
- Over 1 billion orders have been processed on Shopify
- The Shopify app store offers more than 2,400 apps.
- 87% of merchants use the Shopify App Store and they have 6 apps installed on average.
This is the area we will spotlight below. With so many sales and orders, store owners who want to play a positive role in environment and social causes should take a look at how they can use their Shopify storefront as a place to empower customers to do just that.
Below are a few Shopify apps that store owners can use to help empower customers to do good when shopping at your store.
GoodCarts is the easiest way for mission-driven stores like yours to build customer loyalty, scale your impact, and gain new customers for free.
- Build customer loyalty and maximize your impact by sharing smart digital coupons with shoppers post-purchase from other “shop for good” stores in our community
- Get more customers and sales from other mission-driven stores for free Think of us as a coupon on the back of the receipt—only smarter and more sustainable.
2. One Tree Planted at Checkout
Want to make environmental sustainability a part of your business? The One Tree Planted app provides a widget, pop-up, and a donation checkbox at checkout asking your customers if they would like to plant a tree for $1.00.
If they say yes, $1.00 is added to their order as a donation to One Tree Planted, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in Vermont. Every dollar donated will plant one tree with our reforestation partners around the world.
Offset allows you to neutralize your shipping emissions that contribute to climate change. You can proudly tell your customers that they are supporting an environmentally-friendly business that invests in sustainability initiatives to counteract the environmental impact of shipping.
Every month, Offset calculates the total emissions generated by your shipped orders, and that number becomes your monthly Offset cost. The price is low—a few cents or less per order—and your Offset payments go towards forest protection initiatives. Charges will appear on your monthly Shopify bill, and you can opt out at any time.